Sunday, October 4, 2015

Review & Beta Reading Policy

Considering I review a lot for sites like Blogspot, Goodreads and NetGalley and beta read/review for authors such as Rosa Sophia, Sara Daniell and others, I feel it is time to share my polices for both reviewing and beta reading.

~ * Reviewing Policy * ~

I am currently accepting print and e-copies, in the form of mobis, of regular books and ARCs. I will accept them from publishers and indie authors respectively. If I decide to read the book, I will post the review within 1-2 weeks of receiving it. Exceptions to this are if the book is large or there are extenuating circumstances that prevent it. In these cases I will contact the client directly and explain what is going on. 

I will be honest with my review. If I do not like a book, do not finish it, or decide not to read it, I will contact the client personally with my reasoning as to why. When I am finished with print books/ARCs, they will be donated to a local library. E-copies will be removed from my Kindle or deleted. 

I use a 1-5 star rating system which is as follows: 

1/5 - I did not like the book, will not read it again, and will not be recommending it to anyone.

2/5 - It wasn't terrible. I personally didn't like it and would only recommend it only to those whom I think would enjoy it.

3/5 - It was okay. I wouldn't read it again, but it wasn't bad. I'd recommend this to some friends who would like it.

4/5 - It was good. While I may not read it again, it was worth reading the first time. I would recommend it to people.

5/5 - It was GREAT! Not only would I read it over and over again, I would buy copies of it to give to friends and family so they can read it.

~ * Beta Reading Policy * ~

Many of the same things from my Reviewing policy apply to my Beta Reading policy. I will accept ARCs and manuscripts from publishers and indie authors in the form of print or PDF copies, whichever is more convenient for the client. My rate for beta reading is $1.50 per page with a $10 minimum.

~ * Queries * ~

You can contact me directly via my email me here to submit queries for review or beta reading. Thank you for your time and I hope you have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment