Friday, July 3, 2015

Review: Odin's Child by Bruce Macbain

I received this ebook from NetGalley in return for an honest review. It was published on May 26, 2015 by Blank Slate Press. I received a copy from NetGalley in return for an honest review.

An old grudge erupts into violence as Odd Tangle-Hair refuses to back down from the men he believes shamed his father and betrayed their heritage by turning away from the old gods in favor of the White Christ. But when the violence escalates and Odd's family bears the brunt of it, he must leave his beloved Iceland behind and find his own way in the world.The golden age of Viking conquest is fading when he takes to the seas, but his journey is full of adventures, and he meets priests and politicians as well as many unscrupulous men all too eager to take advantage of a young man abroad for the first time.Beautifully written, impeccably researched, and deeply rooted within the oral tradition of story telling, Bruce Macbain has woven an evocative saga that will sweep readers into the past and plant them firmly in Odd's rapidly changing world. - Goodreads.com 

I don't know exactly what made me decide to pick this up aside from the epic looking cover. I don't think I've ever actually read any books about Vikings or Norse mythology...or Iceland. I picked it up because it had a nice cover.

I really don't know what to say about this book. I rated it a 4/5 stars because it was very well written despite being not really my cup of tea. I hope to have a better review (or really a review) for you for my next book I'm reading. I apologize for the lack of review. I was just meh about the story line.

No comments:

Post a Comment