Saturday, April 9, 2016

March 2016 Book Haul

I told myself I would be a good girl and not buy new books outside of my own set guidelines this month. I would stick to my buying rules!! I immediately failed. Immediately. I was already buying new books before the first week of March was even up.

In March I bought 1 book.


Book #1: All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

Of course mine has the little gold circle on the side telling me it won a Pulitzer Prize. That's fine though. I'm not as uptight about it as everybody else seems to be. I just thought I'd mention because mine doesn't quite look like this one. I've seen this particular novel on BookTube a few times and I was like "No. We must have this." A few months ago, I had forgotten the title and grabbed another blue colored book (only remembering that about it) from a library sale called Light Between Oceans and much to my surprised delight, the author of that book has a blurb on this one.  

Marie-Laure, a young French girl, lives with her father in Paris. She uses a small perfect miniature of the city to learn to navigate it, for she's blind. One day she and her father must flee Paris to Saint-Malo in the countryside because the Nazis have invaded Paris. It is there she meets a German boy named Werner who was put into Hitler's Youth and sent to repair radios. It sounds absolutely beautiful and sad and just perfect for the mood I've been in lately. I started reading it as soon as I got it.


Book #2: Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige


This is new. I'm actually buying relatively new books now instead of old books like before. I'm almost on top of the game. Being broke (and unemployed) does that to a person.

Anyway, I read the synopsis for the book and was like "No, I need to have this." Apparently Dorothy goes back to Oz a final time, and sets herself up as what I'm assuming amounts as Supreme Empress over all of Oz. She takes the power for herself and the Good Witches support her? I don't know. Then Oz summons another girl from Kansas to work in the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked (don't quote me) to help them bring Dorothy down from the throne and restore order to their home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment