Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Friday Reads: 01 to 14 April 2017

Currently Reading

- The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien (02%)
- The Witching Hour by Anne Rice (03%)
- Persuasion by Jane Austen (30%)
- To the Letter by Simon Garfield (24%)
The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead (50%)
A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro (58%)
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke (13%)
The Clouded Sky by Megan Crewe (25%)
The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (17%)
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (71%)



* * *


Wee. Another week of having forgotten you nearly. I didn't start writing this until the 5th. So that tells you where I am. Naturally, I didn't start it until the fifth because it's also Camp NaNo this month. I've been working on my NaNo novel. Think about that. My National Novel novel. English is so weird. I'm not writing anything particularly exciting. I think I'll save that for next time when I pick a final starting point for Carpe Librum and a point of view. I've tried it it alternating and I'm not sure how I feel about that. 

I've just learned I'm 8 books behind on my goal. Yikes. Maybe this super incredibly long, something like 51 books, Reading Challenge that I intend to undertake will help push me to being at or above board on the challenge for the year? I found it on Facebook and it gives a series of prompts to fit in. Three of the books on there I'm already working on, but I don't count that as a bad thing. If you add what I've finished, what I'm currently reading, and the list together I will get over the goal I set for myself for the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment