Monday, February 5, 2018

Friday Reads: 20 January to 26 January 2018

Currently Reading

- The Dragon's Legacy by Deborah A. Wolf (01%)
The Rise and fall of D.O.D.O. by Neal Stephenson and Nicole Galland (06%)
- 12 Years a Slave by Solomon Northup (01%)
The Iron Wyrm Affair by Lilith St. Crow (02%)
Empress Dowager Cixi by Jung Chang (37%)
- Journey to the West by Wu Cheng'en (09%)
My Friend Flicka by Mary O'Hara (08%)
From Holmes to Sherlock by Mattias Bostrom (14%)
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen (39%)
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (15%)
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (30%)
Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe (21%)
- To the Letter by Simon Garfield (51%)
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke (19%)
The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (39%)


* * *


Went on a new website (21/01) that was probably a bad plan. Erin Condren's stationery site. This was likely a bad idea as I now have $47 worth of product saved and I have only $0.46 in the bank. I should not be allowed to be anywhere remotely near websites like that. I spend so much imaginary money.

I did it. I have done the thing for January. Every month now I roll one ten-sided die (KS said to do two six-sided to increase the random probability, I said no to that) to decide the number of books I will read in the month. With finishing Rat Queens 4: High Fantasies by Kurtis J. Wiebe and Owen Gieni, I have officially reached my goal for January. Granted the goal was simply 5 books, and I've read 6 of them as of the 25th. I have a week to add more books to that list. Let's see how many books I can actually finish and remove from my currently reading list!

I did my roles for next month, and I can buy no more than 20 and I have to strive to reach 8 for the month. If I hit it, that brings my total to 14 and something like 10 ahead of schedule~

No comments:

Post a Comment