Sunday, May 6, 2018

Friday Reads: 27 January to 04 May 2018

Currently Reading

- Dewey by Vicki Myron (00%)
- Religions in Japan by William K. Bunce (31%)
The Rise and fall of D.O.D.O. by Neal Stephenson and Nicole Galland (06%)
- 12 Years a Slave by Solomon Northup (27%)
- Journey to the West by Wu Cheng'en (14%)
From Holmes to Sherlock by Mattias Bostrom (14%)
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (15%)
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (30%)
Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe (21%)
- To the Letter by Simon Garfield (51%)
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke (27%)
The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (39%)

* * *

Wow, I have not kept you up to date at all, huh? My bad. Finally got a job, and I rarely use my computer before work and never after. Makes it a bit of a challenge to update. 

A few of the books are gone because I have finished them. Though a large number remain on the list. I've also read books between them. In the months since forgetting to update, I've read 15 books. Mostly in April when I read 10.

Finally started picking up books I actually want to read. Like Wonder by R.J. Palacio and Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli.

I read all of Simon on the 29th, putting me at 8/7 for April, then I managed to squeak in two more by Tracey West on the 30th bringing my total for April to 10/7. May is starting out pretty well as well, Since on the 2nd I finished Lisa Genova's Still Alice and then on the 6th Mary O'Hara's My Friend Flicka. I may actually make my 10/10 this month.

I may be cheating as far as one of the reading challenge prompts for the year goes. A book with non-human characters. Does that mean that some of them can be people, or that none of them? Should I reread the Ga'Hoole books or can I get away with reading Flicka because a few of the characters happen to be horses. I think I will use Flicka.

That is all that has happened, that was related to reading. I will try my best to keep you all informed in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment