Thursday, August 2, 2018

Currently Reading: 12 August to 05 September 2018

Currently Reading

- Dragonhaven by Robin McKinley (01%)
- IT by Stephen King (06%)
- Queen of the Star Pirates by Stephen Landis (06%)
- Journey to the West by Wu Cheng'en (14%)
The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (39%)

* * *

I'm so sorry that I've been taking a long time between posts. I just get distracted by other things and forget to type up the things every other Saturday morning. I'm sorry and I'll try my damnedest to rectify it. Definitely marking it in my day-planner!!!

Somehow, I had thought I was reading more than that. Apparently not. This is what I get for deciding that I want to finish my big books before the end of the year. I have a total of 4,890 pages to read in physical books, and there are only four physical! Journey to the West by Wu Cheng'en is 2,436 pages long all together in four volumes. Of course it doesn't start the page count over again. It just continues from wherever it was in the previous book. Volume 2 for example, picks up at page 587, which would simply be the next page in the sequence. Huh. Interesting.

I think instead of a wrap up or book haul for August (because for one, I have no idea how many books I bought) I will just put my final list of books I've read and their ratings here along with the list of books that I plan to read during the month of September.

August Wrap-Up List

1) The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King - 3/5
2) Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi - 4/5
3) Firebug by Marianne Mitchell - 3/5
4) Attack on Titan v1 by Hajime Isayama -5/5
5) Kiss Him, Not Me v1 by Junko - 5/5
6) Attack on Titan v2 by Hajime Isayama - 5/5
7) Fairy Tail v1 by Hiro Mashima - 5/5
8) Bungo Stray Dogs v1 by Kafka Asagiri - 5/5
9) Attack on Titan v3 by Hajime Isayama - 5/5
10) Attack on Titan v4 by Hajime Isayama - 5/5

September To Be Read

1) The Hunger Games by Susanne Collins
2) Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett (✓)
3) The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide by Douglas Adams
4) Dragonhaven by Robin McKinley 
5) The Sherlockian by Graham Moore
6) The Great Game by Mark Gatiss
7) A Court of Thrones and Roses by Sarah J Maas
8) A Conspiracy of Paper by David Liss
9) The Rise and Fall of DODO by Neal Stephenson and Nicole Galland (✓)
10) Journey to the West by Wu Cheng'en 
11) IT by Stephen King
12) The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle

Over the weekend of the 25th of August, they finally replaced my library door with an actual door instead of an old re-purposed folding door. It made me very happy to have a library door actually in the hallway instead of a smaller door inside the weight room. I call it my "don't get punched in the face door" because my father has a weight room set up in the basement and just on the other side of the door there is a heavy bag. He's profoundly hearing impaired, which means, even if I did knock on the door, he wouldn't hear it. With my new external library door, I don't have to worry! I can go in and out as much as I want and he won't accidentally hit me in the face.

I decided that I was going to start picking books and just reading them until I was finished. Which means, as of 02 September, I am finished with The Rise and Fall of D.O.D.O. by Neal Stephenson and Nicole Galland as well as DeathNote: Confluence by Tsugumi Ohba and Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett. Neither of those two made it to the Currently Reading list. Yeah. That was interesting.

So far in the year, I've managed to hit 64/50 books (128%) of my goal. I think I'm doing great! I missed 2016's 100-book goal, only got 86/100 done. That was more than I've ever read in a year before, but not enough for the goal. Oh well. I think If I can hit 75+ this year, I might add to my goal for next year. I am definitely enjoying the books that I read so far. I'm not going to increase my goal. Once I set it that's it. It's set. I think a standard of 50 books a year is good.

That will be all for this update duckies. I will see you in the next one, two weeks from now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment