Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Currently Reading 16 June to 29 June 2019

Currently Reading

Kane and Abel by Jeffery Archer (14%)
Enigma: The Battle for the Code by Hugh Sebag-Montefiore (18%)
Escaping From Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco (14%)
Black Leopard Red Wolf by Marlon James (38%)
The Sophists by W.K.C. Guthrie (08%)
The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon (08%)
- IT by Stephen King (39%)
- Journey to the West by Wu Cheng'en (25%)
The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle (59%)

* * *

Finally! Finally got my hands on a physical copy of The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon. I am so happy. The book is HUGE. 804 pages for the story itself, then another like 20-30 pages of miscellaneous information. I also picked up the Sitchin book that I forgot the last time I was in the store.

I have started reading Enigma by Hugh Sebag-Montefiore again. It's interesting, but I keep getting tired or distracted while reading it. I am interested in WWII and the enigma machines, though. I don't understand why I can't keep my brain going to read it. If I still can't actually read it, I may have to give up for now.

I got around to doing my roll for this month's reading goal. It came back 11. So yeah. For June I should try to read 11 books. As of the moment I'm at 5/11. I've finished Black Butler #1 by Yana Toboso & Tomo Kimura, I Wish You All the Best by Mason Deaver, Tomorrow Girls: Behind the Gates by Eva Gray, The Wife by Meg Wolitzer, and The Crucible by Arthur Miller. I have but 6 to go for the rest of the month. I am sure if I go for my shorter, MG/YA stuff....perhaps a series that I've been meaning to get to that is simple and quick. 

I'm thinking about July's TBR. I'm not sure if I want to do 5 books or 6. It's a weird conundrum to be in. I think I'm going to go with 3 picked for each…

Physical

1) Journey to the West by Wu Cheng'en
2) Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
3) Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon


Digital

1) Summer Seventeen & You by Sara Daniel
2) The Book Fix by Marydale Stewart
3) The Librarian by M.N. Arzu

Two of the books on the Physical list are group reads for July. I still have to get my hands on one of them, but I think I can do it by July. It's going to be at at least one of the bookstores I frequent. I know I shouldn't buy anything at Books-a-Million with recent revelations, but you do what you have to do sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment