Friday, May 21, 2021

June 2021 To-Be-Read

I know I normally don't post my TBRs any more, but this one is actually kind of special. I learned of a month-long readathon hosted by a Discord server that I am a member of called The Olympics Readathon. When I saw it, I had thought they meant Olympics as in the Olympic games...turns out...they a actually meant as in the Greek gods. 


So, I have come up with a list of books that I think fit the prompts on the card fairly well: 

Zeus: Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
Poseidon: All the Stars and Teeth by Adalyn Grace
Hades: Bone Crier's Moon by Kathryn Purdie
Hestia: Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
Hephaestus: The Blacksmith Queen by G.A. Aiken
Dionysus: Scythe by Neal Shusterman
Hermes: The Dragon Republic by R.F. Kuang
Artemis: The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill 
Apollo: Tarot Fundamentals by Marcus Katz
Ares: The Burning God by R.F. Kuang
Aphrodite: The Magnolia Sword by Shirley Thomas
Hera: One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake
Demeter:  Eve by Wm. Paul Young
Athena: The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
Eos: East by Edith Pattou
Nyx: West by Edith Pattou


All told, it's not really a bad list. I think I can handle a good number of the books. They are not that long and the ones that are, are middle grade/YA novels that I should be able to fly through even though technically "shelf space" is a SFF Discord server. No one faults me for not reading that much that isn't SFF. 

Maybe, just maybe, this time around I can get myself to actually read Life of Pi by Yann Martel. I've seen the movie, and I've had the book on several various readathon TBRs, but never actually managed to get to it. 

Remember: None of these are set in stone, I may change something halfway through. Especially if I acquire a book during June that fits a prompt not yet completed and my brain is like 'No, we must read that now.'

Happy June reading, y'all~

No comments:

Post a Comment