Saturday, July 31, 2021

Currrently Reading: 25 July to 31 July 2021

Currently Reading

- The Shadow of What Was Lost by James Islington (41%)

* * *

Yearly Reading Goal

53/100

* * *

Yes. You're seeing that correctly. If all goes according to plan, on 31 July 2021, I should only have one book left on my currently reading list. I've finished all the others. I have found another readathon for August 01 to 14. The Avatar Readathon. Not the Four Nations, which I did rejoin, but this one is only four books per team. 

The prompts (with my choices) are as follows: 

(1) Read a book with a white cover: S.T.A.G.S. by M.A. Bennett
(2) Read a book featuring flight: Out of the Blue by Sophie Cameron
(3) Read a book featuring magical realism: The Astonishing Color of After by Emily X.R. Pan
(4) Read a book with a character or event "forgotten" by history: The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michelle Richardson. 

Not a bad selection, if I do say so myself! I'm looking at the other listings just in case I should finish the four books on the list for Airbenders. I would go in proper Avatar order and taking up Water Tribes next. I already know my choice for the first prompt (Book with a blue cover). It would definitely be: Vicious Spirits by Kat Cho. I may even come up with stuff for all 16 prompts. 16 is an easy number to get at during the month. I even have a few choices already lined up for the others. Book featuring siblings would be Once There Were Wolves by Charlotte McConaghy, about two sisters who go to Scotland to release wolves into the wild. For Moon, I'd go with Half Sick of Shadows by Laura Sebastian. Because I really want to read it and there is a moon in her hair. Not sure what I'm going to do for a book with a snowy/polar setting. East by Edith Pattou? It's got a polar bear on it. I suppose I could borrow my friend's copy of The Night Country by Melissa Albert, until I locate my own.

Short post this week. See you all in a week~

No comments:

Post a Comment