Saturday, November 13, 2021

Currently Reading: 17 October 2021 to 30 October 2021

Currently Reading

- Lifestyles of Gods and Monsters by Emily Roberson (15%)
- The Year of the Witching by Alexis Henderson (30%)
- Kingdom of the Cursed by Kerri Maniscalco (15%)

* * *

Yearly Reading Goal

71/75

* * *

Yes, yes, I know. I forgot again. Last weekend, when this post would have gone up, I was in a place of no internet. It was good, but now I just want to get back to my reading so that way I can enjoy what bit of the day I am awake. 

I'm thinking about how I want to go about TBRs next year, if I want to go about them at all. I'm terrible at following them. I may just allow myself to do only mood reading from now on. It makes far more sense than just trying to stick with TBRs. Unless, of course, they are readathon specific. I kind of would follow those. Yeah. Makes sense....for the time...

Speaking of TBRs, I have an impressive one that I'm going to continue in November and December of 2021. I have so many Book of the Month selections that I haven't read, that I'm going to actually spend the rest of the year just reading the backlog. I think if I finish at least twelve of them then I win a pair of socks? I don't know, I don't remember. It was an ad they ran a while ago. Anyway, the list of books I need to read is as follows: 

The City We Became by N.K. Jemisin
Star Daughter by Shveta Thakrar
Legendborn by Tracy Deonn
The Wangs vs. the World by Jade Chang*
Final Girls by Riley Sager
The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager
The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell
Things in Jars by Jess Kidd
The Guest List by Lisa Foley
The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd
The Shadows by Alex North
Mexican Gothic by Sylvia Moreno-Garcia
Winter Counts by David Heska Wanbli Weiden
These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong
The Office of Historical Corrections by Danielle Evans
The Prophets by Robert Jones Jr.
Honey Girl by Morgan Rogers
The Book Club Far Away by Tif Marcelo
Libertie by Kaitlyn Greenidge
Ariadne by Jennifer Saint
The Maidens by Alex Michaelides
Half Sick of Shadows by Laura Sebastian
Razorblade Tears by S.A. Cosby
Beautiful Country by Qian Julie Wang


* - This one technically isn't on the list, as it was a surplus book I acquired at the local Dollar Tree, but I'm still going to include it just because it is a Book of the Month selection!

1 comment:

  1. Oof goodluck with that list of books!

    I find that what works best for me is seasonal TBRs; so that way I have three months to read 5books, when I can get 2/3 books read per month so it gives me quite some room to slip-in some mood readings ☺️

    Kristina @ books-and-dachshunds.com

    ReplyDelete