Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Coffee Book Tag

This was originally created by BangadyBangz on BookTube. I loved it and I've seen a few different BookTubers do the tag, so I thought I would do it myself for you guys.

1. Black - Name a series that's tough to get into, but has hard core fans.

The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. I just I can't do it. I'm going to eventually try again and just power my way through the beginning. I've heard a lot of people rave about how good it was and I wanted to read it for myself. I actually bought the first book (and then accidentally passed up on the second) at a yard sale last year for like a quarter. I ended up giving it to my sister because she wants to read it as well.

2. Peppermint Mocha - Name a book that gets more popular during winter.

Oh god. I have no idea. Um. Probably one like Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle. I don't know what books I have that get more popular during winter/Christmas. Do the Harry Potter books count? People seem to be really into that series over the holidays.

3. Hot Chocolate - What is your favorite children's book?

My absolute favorite children's book has got to be The Giant Jam Sandwich by John Vernon Lord. I'm sure very few of the people who actually read this blog have heard of this book. It was originally published in 1975 (14 years before I was even born), and it actually belongs to my mother. She used to read it to us over and over for years. I couldn't get enough of it.

4. Double Shot of Espresso - A book that kept you on the edge of your seat from start to finish.

One that definitely held me like this was definitely The Alexander Cipher by Will Adams. It was so good. It was one of the rare like crime thriller books that I read and I couldn't stop. The other one that pops into my head is Grave Beginnings by R.R. Virdi. It was one of the few ebooks I actually paid for and I absolutely loved it. I actually forced myself to stay awake and coherent during a migraine so I could read it. It was that good!

5. Starbucks - Name a book that you see everywhere.

I keep seeing The Heir by Kiera Cass around. I haven't actually read up that far, but that and The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan are everywhere. Every time I turn around, if they have a book section they will be there. Before that it was The Host by Stephenie Meyer.

6. That Hipster Coffee Shop - Give an indie author a shout-out.

How am I supposed to pick just one?! I know a lot of indie authors! I guess I can give Rosa Sophia a shout. I don't know if she's technically an indie author or not...but she's actually a friend of mine and I can't help a shameless plug when I see it. (Check out her books on Amazon, they're really good and you can see my reviews throughout the blog!)

7. Oops I Accidentally Got Decaf - What book were you expecting more from?

I feel terrible saying this, I really do, but The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Everyone was talking about how it was so beautiful and how they were crying over it. I expected this huge literary masterpiece and was let down. It was not anything like I thought it was going to be. I'm glad I read it of course, but I just did not see how it had all these people crying unless they were not very strong-willed.

8. Perfect Blend - Name a book/series that was bitter and sweet, and ultimately satisfying.

I can't even think of anything...I guess The Book Thief fits here again. I was definitely expecting more, but was very satisfied with what I got. It was a sad, beautiful story that actually sparked a sudden hoarding of all the books even remotely related to the same topic as this one. I loved the way it was narrated and I hope to get my hands on more books by the author. 

~ * * * ~

That was the Coffee Book Tag! I hope you enjoyed it and I tag anybody who feels like doing it to do their own version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment