Sunday, March 5, 2017

Friday Reads: 25 February to 3 March

Currently Reading

The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead (29%)
-  A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro (48%)
- Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden (03%)
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke (12%)
The Clouded Sky by Megan Crewe (25%)
The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (12%)
The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon (34%)
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (71%)


* * *

I struggled to get through This Too Shall Pass. It was probably some of the worst writing I've read. It could be because it was translated, it could be because it was Spanish originally and in the original it makes sense....I have no idea. I just know that for my own tastes, it was garbage. I rated it a 2/5. You know it's bad when Captain 5-Stars here rates it below a 3.

I've already placed my request for the next book from Blogging for Books. I've chosen The Barrowfields by Philip Lewis. It looked really interesting and I'm assuming will be arriving next week. I do have to remember to take my first one out to J's today for K to borrow. Hopefully I actually remember and I'm not telling you next week that I've forgotten it.

I am up to 5/60 for my 2017 reading goal. That means I'm only 4 books behind now instead of 5. Ha. I'm glad I've changed my goal from 100 to 60. I do know that I'm never going to make it with one of the goals. I just can't stick to 10 new (to me) books a month. It just isn't going to happen. I tried in January and only got 9, I tried in February and ended up with 18, and I know that starting today a friend is slowly mailing up 6 medium flat-rate boxes to me. Containing a cumulative total of 16 old books.

That's all for this week, see you in the next one~

No comments:

Post a Comment