Saturday, May 20, 2017

Friday Reads: 13 May to 19 May 2017

Currently Reading

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (14%)
The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon (02%)
Long Black Veil by Jennifer Finney Boylan (25%)
Moby-Dick by Herman Melville (05%)
Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe (13%)
The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien (02%)
The Witching Hour by Anne Rice (03%)
- To the Letter by Simon Garfield (24%)
A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro (70%)
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke (14%)
The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (17%)
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (71%)



* * *


Found a really cool epic book challenge, and I'm adding it here eventually. It has 50 (technically 52, one of the challenges is a trilogy) books on it. I think a few of the books on my Currently Reading list are part of that. So far part of the list is The Night Circus, To the Letter, Long Black Veil, and probably.....Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell. The rest are books I've started by I don't want to give them up just yet.

Ah yes! I ought to tell you. I did get the majority of my Currently Reading books on my shelf on Sunday. One of them is unfortunately still not on the shelf. It was on on Monday of last week, but then when I went up to my boyfriend's house to play D&D, I forgot it on his desk. Oh well. He said he could send it down, but I was like "Why? I'm only going to be here again on Thursday anyway, just hang on to it and I'll pick it up then."

So far I've finished two books for the month. Dark Matter by Blake Crouch and The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead, both fairly popular recently on the BookTube circuit. I liked them both pretty well. I think I gave Dark Matter a 4/5 and The Underground Railroad a 3/5. I have my reasons as you will see in the May Wrap-Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment