Saturday, May 13, 2017

Friday Reads: 28 April to 12 May 2017

Currently Reading

- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (06%)
- The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon (02%)
- Long Black Veil by Jennifer Finney Boylan (25%)
- Moby-Dick by Herman Melville (05%)
Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe (13%)
The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien (02%)
The Witching Hour by Anne Rice (03%)
Persuasion by Jane Austen (30%)
- To the Letter by Simon Garfield (24%)
The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead (50%)
A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro (70%)
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke (14%)
The Clouded Sky by Megan Crewe (37%)
The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (17%)
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (71%)



* * *

I got my fifth review book in from Blogging for Books and I thought the author's name looks awfully familiar. I couldn't figure out why I recognized it. Until I looked up the author on Goodreads and realized that my bestie KS has read (and recommends) another of her books. I've gotten Jennifer Finney Boylan's Long Black Veil, published on April 11, 2017 by Crown and she has read She's Not There. No wonder I knew the author's name!


Yeah, I finally got around to organizing (mostly) my TBR shelves. The right picture isn't quite correct as I plan to put my print currently reading books up there facing out into the hall. I mean, why do I want to see them, I know they're there. The general plan is to eventually clean the old garbage out of my exceptionally spacious closet and put my "auxiliary library" (i.e. the boxes of books I have no room for) in there and then slowly bring them out to replace the books that are on the shelves as I finish them. I just have to think of something to do with the extra junk I have in the closet is all. I also have to eventually bring back the box that's made it's way to my dad's house along with my books from there so that I can sort them out and put what I want where to get all my reading done. I just hope my currently reading fits on the top of the bookshelf. Just ignore my giant Pinkie Pie mug....it's one of my favorites. 

Just now hopped onto the Diana Gabaldon and George R.R. Martin bandwagons. Sort of. I bought the first in both series (they're on the green shelf together haha) books. I haven't started either of them yet, and I have no idea when I'll get around to it. I just want to read the books and understand why BookTube is losing it's mind now. Maybe I'll eventually grab more if they strike my fancy.

Now that I think about it, there are actually quite a few of the more popular books on my shelf. I have Burial Rites by Hannah Kent, A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara (I don't know how this is hard for people to say...), The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoksi, The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch, City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (leave me alone, I was broke when these first came out). uh.....what else.....Unwind by Neil Shusterman. Then there's the entire Guardians of Ga'Hoole series making me look like a giant nerd. I happen to love owls and this is a series where the main creature is a family of barn owls.

I've been getting rid of a lot of books recently. I have a good few that I plan to put up on eBay for sale as well, so interested parties can find them there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment