Saturday, September 16, 2017

Friday Reads: 09 September to 15 September 2017

Currently Reading


- Douglas Adams's Starship Titanic by Terry Jones (23%)
- The Hundred Secret Senses by Amy Tan (18%)
The Fortune Hunter by Daisy Goodwin (02%)
- The Mortifications by Derek Palacio (05%)
Contemporary Japanese Textbook (1) by Eriko Sato (01%)
Slaughter: Origin Story by James Beltz (13%)
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen (37%)
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (15%)
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (19%)
Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe (15%)
- To the Letter by Simon Garfield (51%)
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke (19%)
The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (24%)


* * *

I finished Love in the Time of Cholera in like two days. I read from page 56 to page 348 that fast. I'm getting quicker reading. It was okay. Check the monthly wrap-up for more information. I also read all of Stephen King's Misery in two days? The book was 310 pages long and an adult psychological thriller. I don't typically read anything that fast. 

Um, well, my birthday present to me has arrived yesterday. I bought myself 14 books from BookOutlet. The two I'm most excited for are Malice by Keigo Higashino because it sounds odd and I like mysteries, and And I Darken by Kierstan White because its a fantasy based on what if Vlad the Impaler had been a girl? I can't wait to get into them both. I plan to start Malice when I finish The Hundred Secret Senses.

Nothing else exciting happened for me reading wise. I went to the library, returned books, got an order in and then did nothing but read for the last few days. Hopefully something exciting happens next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment