Friday, January 12, 2018

Friday Reads: 29 December 2017 to 12 January 2018

Currently Reading

- The Rise and fall of D.O.D.O. by Neal Stephenson and Nicole Galland (01%)
- 12 Years a Slave by Solomon Northup (01%)
- The Iron Wyrm Affair by Lilith St. Crow (01%)
- Empress Dowager Cixi by Jung Chang (35%)
- Journey to the West by Wu Cheng'en (09%)
My Friend Flicka by Mary O'Hara (08%)
From Holmes to Sherlock by Mattias Bostrom (14%)
The Mortifications by Derek Palacio (05%)
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen (39%)
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (15%)
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (30%)
Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe (21%)
- To the Letter by Simon Garfield (51%)
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke (19%)
The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (39%)


* * *

Some books were finished, some were DNF'd, and others added to the pile. Not that there were that many actually added? I'm making good progress with Empress Dowager Cixi by Jung Chang. Of course now that I've said that, I'll drop off completely like I did with some of the other books. Like Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, which I haven't picked up in months. 

Finished two books so far for 2018: Dragon Seed by Pearl S. Buck and Slaughter: Origin Story by James Beltz. Look for my reviews here under January's wrap up and on Goodreads. 

I don't know really what to put now. I've been working on my books and working up the energy to work on editing my draft that I have so far. The book that I'm writing will be several hundred pages long apparently. Right now it has an estimated ~200 pages and I'm just on chapter 11. There are sure to be more than that. I am not sure off hand if I am going to put it up on FictionPress or try to get it ready for publication. Once I make my decision though, it will be final. I won't go and take it down to publish. 

I suppose that's all for now, nothing too terribly exciting has happened here recently in regards to reading. With the exception of picking up the second volume in the Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss. See you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment