Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Top 5 Wednesday: Most Anticipated 2019 Releases


I sort of forgot that I used to do the T5W posts, so I figured I would hop back in now with the 19th and work my way forward from there. Let's see what we have for this week. It's the top five books we are the most excited for in 2019. I don't normally do the new releases unless they're for someone else. The most recent “new” release I bought was a book for my mother for Christmas because it is by her favorite author and it came out in October. Does that count?

Let's see what I can come up with for the books I am excited for in 2019!!


1. The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon – I absolutely loved the Mime Order series (I don't remember the series name and kind of think it may have been Mime Order) and when my friend went off to Book Con or whatever she did, she got the arc or it and showed me. I was very excited to see that there was a new Samantha Shannon book coming out. I really really enjoyed the previous books and I am looking forward to finding a copy of this to read when it comes out next year.

2. Doors of Stone by Patrick Rothfuss – I know it's a stretch that we will even get it, but it's on the list of 2019 releases. I'm not even really excited for myself to get my hands on this, I'm excited for a friend who doesn't read much and actually read both of the previous books in the series. If Doors of Stone actually does come out in 2019 like it says it will, I'll probably get it for my bestie, KS, as a just because present.

3. Bone Season #4 by Samantha Shannon – As yet unnamed (and it turns out the series is called Bone Season!), this book is definitely on my list. I think I may even get myself the three preceding books, Bone Season, Mime Order, and The Song Rising before this one comes out and re-read them. I read them before and I love them.

4. A Question of Holmes by Brittany Cavallaro – I love Sherlock Holmes. I loved A Study in Charlotte. I own (but haven't read) The Last of August and A Case for Jamie, but that won't stop me from buying the fourth Charlotte Holmes book. I love the way the characters interact with each other. Even though they didn't want anything to do with each other or their shared family history, they still end up getting along and being friends. It's an interesting dynamic that I am excited to read more of (eventually….)

5. Gumiho by Kat Cho – I can explain! I know this one is super random. Everything else on this list are books by authors I've already read or have books by them, and then this one. A dark horse coming up to end the list. I have been a huge fan of a lot of Asian or Asian inspired books. My friends are all into Korea and Korean things. So this book on the list of books coming out next year has definitely flagged my attention. I roleplay as kitsune a lot in tabletop games, I roleplay in chat form as people interacting with nine-tailed foxes all the time, and in general I love this kind of thing, so this book seems perfectly up my alley for books to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment