Monday, September 16, 2019

Currently Reading 08 to 14 September 2019

Currently Reading

The Chestnut Man by Søren Sveistrup (32%)
- Where the Crawdad's Sing by Delia Owens (31%)
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon (35%)
Black Leopard Red Wolf by Marlon James (41%)

* * *

OWLS Read Along
1: Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
2: Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
3: Every Day by David Levithan 
4: Wicked Fox by Kat Cho
5: The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
6: Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
7: Black Leopard Red Wolf by Marlon James
8: The Chestnut Man by Søren Sveistrup
9: Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
10: Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
11: Scythe by Neal Shusterman
12: Escaping from Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco

BooksandTea Group Book
13: The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon

NetGalley e-galleys
14: She's My Dad by Jonathan S. Williams 
15: The Weight of a Soul by Elizabeth Tammi
16: Lion's Head Revisited by Jeffery Round
17: The Sound of Stars by Alechia Dow

* * *

I finally managed to get my hands on the fifth (and sixth) volume of My Hero Academia by Kohei Horikoshi. Every single time I went into either Books-a-Million or Barnes & Noble (I dislike ordering books online unless I absolutely have to because I don't trust the mailing system sometimes), they never had the volumes in stock! Sometimes they would have volumes 4 and 6, so I was like "Grrrrr...." I was so excited when I went in and looked at the shelf and there it was.

Huzzah! Finished the last "required" book for my OWLs for Journalist. I will keep reading for OWLs now and see what else I can get into. I think currently I'll work on the Charms book because it looked really interesting...when I'm not writing the next installment of my own silly story about a bunch of doofuses who do not know how to adventure.

Reading The Chestnut Man and the main female detective person makes a clear mention of the fact that she does not find sexual/romantic relationships with coworkers appealing. Why on earth does she feel the need to explicitly tell us this? Is it leading up to her actually developing a romance with what's his face, Genz? Second thing that comes to mind right away: Is there significance to the loss of the one victim's hand? I don't get how it's important, but then I may just have missed some little detail earlier. So far so good though. I am enjoying it.

I did it. I did the thing that I didn't think I was going to do. I bought The Rise of Avatar Kyoshi by F.C. Yee. I really enjoyed The Epic Crush of Genie Lo, and I'm hoping that the writing style continues in that vein so that I will really really love this book. It does look very good and I cannot wait to start it (once I finish the crazy load I gave myself!)


No comments:

Post a Comment