Thursday, September 12, 2019

End of Year Freak-Out Tag

I stumbled across this tag on Ariel Bissett's channel while perusing the internet, a terrible past time, I know. Anyway, this is my version of the tag...


Are there any books you started this year that you need to finish? 
Quite a few. The four that is highest up on my list of those are IT by Stephen King, The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon, Journey to the West by Wu Cheng'en, and The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle (which I started in like, 2018...don't judge). I'm an irrationally slow reader, so big books tend to take me a very long time to read.

Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year? 
Not really? I don't do transitional books. Unless you want to count the most recent book I picked up from Book of the Month club which is a thriller. I got The Chestnut Man by Søren Sveistrup and I guess since it's September and the start of the chilly season of the year, a thriller is a good transition from summer reads to fall/winter. 

Is there a new release you're still waiting for? 
Technically yes. It is out already, but I haven't got my own copy yet. I'm excited to get my hands on a copy of Kerri Maniscalco's most recent publication Capturing the Devil which came out a few days ago at the uploading of this particular blog post. I somehow knew it was going to be yellow. I figured either yellow or orange because we had red, blue, and green. Naturally the final volume would be yellow. 

What are three books you want to read before the end of the year?
Oh lord. That's a loaded question. I have a few reading challenges going that were adopted from previous months. One that I'm very excited about reading is The Chestnut Man by Søren Sveistrup because it looks amazing and it just intrigued me. It's hard for me to pick books that I want to read by the end of the year becuase I can be such a mood reader that I come up with TBRs and then don't read any of the books from them despite reading like thirty books....I can't really think of any others that I want to read before the end of the year that badly.

Is there a book you think could still shock you and become your favorite book of the year?
Again, I don't know. I like going in blind and having no idea where the story will take me. Of the books I'm currently reading, I'm expecting the book to shock me probably to be IT because right now I'm not impressed by it. It's not a scary book to me. Then again, I grew up during an era where books like that weren't scary. I started IT after reading the Harry Potter series, so now I can't think of IT as anything other than a boggart attacking Muggles. It lost it's fear factor. (Also, I make sport of scaring the employees at haunted trails, I got a murder hobo clown to shake their head and walk away saying "Now that's scary...") 

Have you already started making reading plans for 2020?
Yes, actually. I have started thinking about how many books I want to read next year. I've also been thinking about how I want to divvy up those books and monthly goals. Right now I'm thinking about upping my Goodreads goal to 60 books next year and read a minimum of five books each month.

No comments:

Post a Comment