Saturday, July 1, 2023

July 2023 To-Be-Read

I know I don't always remember to post these, but I've been getting better at it. So in July (hard to believe it's already July) I want to keep to the status quo and read 6 books (9 if I get to the back-log):

Print

1. The Inheritance of Orquídea Divina by Zoraida Córdova - This one looked very interesting and I couldn't resist the pretty cover. I think it has something to do with a family that inherits magic of some kind and then someone else wants it for their own. I have no idea. It looked good. 

2. A Song of Sin and Salvation by L.H. Blake - I really don't know if its intentional or not, but it gives such HARD Chrissy/Eddie vibes that I couldn't resist and actually pre-ordered it from Barnes & Noble (that will now be the bane of my existence, I'll have to mark down things). It looks super adorable and even comes with a playlist. I'm excited to get to it. 

3. The Kaiju Preservation Society by John Scalzi - I meant to get to this one last month, then got distracted with library books. It's interesting in that it follows someone in an alternate universe who is trying to save the kaiju (giant monsters like Godzilla, Mothra, etc.) and I am very intrigued by it. 

Digital

4. The Jasad Heir by Sara Hashem - An eARC for a book coming out in July that I've pre-ordered from Barnes & Noble. The synopsis was amazing. A revenge story based on Egyptian mythology? Sign me right up. I was obsessed with Egyptian mythology when I was a kid, so this is right up my alley. I'm looking forward to it!!

5. Bound by Honey by Jamie Dalton - Another eARC, this one for a book being published in August. I have the sneaking suspicion most of my digital reads are going to be eARCs. I don't remember what this book is about beyond some kind of disgruntled magical librarian and a dude who thinks their shit don't stink purely based on the fact they are related to royalty. And...honey. But that's all I know. It looks brilliant. 

Audio

6. House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig - I know literally nothing about this book other than it exists and I am curious to read it. Beyond that I have no idea. Going in completely blind!!


Bonus Books

This section, like usual, is reserved for the books I didn't finish in June and am going to just move to July in an attempt to finish them. We have:

7. Small Favors by Erin A. Craig - I started this book in May, and then never actually finished it. Put it off to read other things. If I get to it, cool. If not, then there are no real hard feelings. 

8. Thousand Autumns #1 by Meng Xi Shi - It is one of those Seven Seas productions that I am absolutely in love with that I, again, started (this time in June) and never finished. Maybe July?

9. The Storm Singers by Michael Boccardi - I have been stuck at 17% of this book for most of 2023, I think. Maybe July will finally be my month and I'll actually read it all the way through!!! It's good, so far as I can remember, I have just been reading eARCs instead of all the digital books I bought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment