Saturday, October 21, 2023

Currently Reading: 15 to 21 October 2023

Currently Reading

- The Weight of Ink by Rachel Kadish (14%)
- Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult (34%)
- The Will of the Many by James Islington (23%)
- Malleus Maleficarum by Heinrich Kramer & Jacob Sprenger (10%)
- The Book Eaters by Sunyi Dean (65%)

* * *
Yearly Goal
76/72
(106%)
* * *

Progress has definitely been made on some of my reads. Ended up adding one to the pile. I had been speaking with a fellow from one of my writing groups, and we got to talking about banned and challenged books and reasons why some may have been banned or challenged in the first place. I discovered my library's ebook app had a copy of Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult, which I had learned was recently challenged in a Florida school and removed from many school and public libraries. I had to know. I couldn't not. Reading what I did so far (I am only a third of the way in as of the writing of this), I kind of understand why there was concern, but I do not understand why parents thought it should be removed. It teaches a valuable lesson. 

I've been working steadily on my ideas for 2024's writing season and then we got an idea for 2025. I am thinking of doing one project per year? Like the rest of this year (because it was already so late in the year when we started) and 2024 will be for Project Secret. Then Project 2025 will be written from 01 January to 31 December 2025. This should help me hone my creative flow. I'm going to mark various things for the years that I plan to work on them....hmm...I don't know. I need to think about this for a while. 

Nothing else has really happened? I picked up some books on Kindle, which you will no doubt be seeing in the October book haul. That's been it. I've had a slow month. I suppose I will close for the week, then. 

See you all next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment