Thursday, October 26, 2023

Currently Reading: 22 - 28 October 2023

Currently Reading

- The Inheritance Trilogy by N.K. Jemisin (05%)
- Malleus Maleficarum by Heinrich Kramer & Jacob Sprenger (10%)
- Witches of the Dead Kingdom by Ash Oldfield (02%)
- Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult (51%)
- The Weight of Ink by Rachel Kadish (14%)
- The Will of the Many by James Islington (23%)

* * *
Yearly Reading Goal:
77/72
107%
* * *

We made a rash, odd decision to start a 1400-page behemoth of a tome right at the tail end of October. This was definitely not the best idea, but hey....am I ever known for my good ideas? I think not!! I've read and adored the first two books in the Broken Earth Trilogy and I figured why not? They were easy to read and definitely 4-4.5 star reads. I am blazing through this at nearly 2-3 pages a minute. I read for 45 minutes and stopped on page 74. I think I will be able to get through this fairly quickly all things told!! Maybe not in 2023, but definitely early in 2024 for sure.

I have also learned (and will implement it from now on) that I need to write down not only pre-orders of books that I'm interested in, but any time I request an ARC. I was sitting on my break at work when my phone lit up with an email. The ARC I had requested was ready for download. You can imagine my surprise. I have absolutely no recollection of requesting it at all. It looks good, and I've already started reading it. I really hope I can get it done before the publication date and get that review up and on its way to the blog!! 

I've been suddenly lacking in my reading for the year. We only a few days left in October and I've only read 2 books. That's not like me. I'm not in a slump at all...I'm just not finishing anything. I still enjoy reading. I wonder what's going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment