Saturday, November 18, 2023

Currently Reading: 12 - 18 November 2023

Currently Reading

Malleus Maleficarum by Heinrich Kramer & Jacob Sprenger (10%)
The Inheritance Trilogy by N.K. Jemisin (05%)
What the River Knows by Isabel Ibañez (01%)
IT by Stephen King (23%)
- Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren (13%)
The Will of the Many by James Islington (38%)

* * *
Yearly Reading Goal
80/72
(111%)
* * *

I haven't made much real progress in my reading since last week. I've been busy with work. I get home, veg out, then go to bed. It's been hard adjusting. The most I read all week was the hour or so on my way in to work. And that was 60-something pages....hopefully I can pick up more as we go. 

NaNoWriMo is going well. I've heard a few really unsavory things about the website, so I don't actually use it any more. I don't know if anything I've heard is true, but it doesn't actually hurt to use another website. One that I prefer a lot more than theirs anyway. I didn't like how just cluttered their site is now. Badges to earn that make it feel more like a task and less like something I want to do. I would just not update for days at a time because I hated the pressure. I use myWriteClub now. It's super simple. Just your project, and the word count. You can put as many projects as you'd like and you can comment on others' work. And that's all. There is no pressure to write so many words per day or update your work every day. I much prefer it. I'm glad it's returned. 

I've got four projects going there all due at different times of year. I am hoping that maybe I can get things done better. I also love that you don't get locked into time frames. I can change an existing project if I want and not have to upload a new file if I want to just change a due date or word count. 

Um. Hmm...yeah that's about it? I guess. I don't know. There was nothing else really going on. I'll see you all next Saturday~

No comments:

Post a Comment