Thursday, November 14, 2019

Currently Reading: 06 October to 14 November 2019

Currently Reading

- Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman (42%)
- The Greek Way by Edith Hamilton (08%)
- She's My Dad by Jonathan S. Williams (11%)
- The Book Fix by Marydale Stewart (35%)
- Escaping from Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco (51%)
- Where the Crawdad's Sing by Delia Owens (50%)
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon (35%)
Black Leopard Red Wolf by Marlon James (58%)
- IT by Stephen King (40%)
- Red by Jordan Summers (25%)
- Journey to the West by Wu Cheng'en (27%)
- The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle (58%)

* * *

I'm contemplating not actually finishing the Read Voltron Challenge. I just don't want to be forced into reading something. For the foreseeable future I may only do the OWLs/NEWTs reading challenges. Those I like, but I don't like having to read stuff. So, we will be cancelling the rest of the reading challenges for the year! No Read Voltron or Map of the Soul! I just, I don't know. 

I already know what I plan to do for next year, and if I can finish a good number of the Currently Reading books from my list, I'll start it this year. One of the goals I had in 2019 was to meet or exceed my Goodreads goal of 50 books. Currently (2019-11-14) I am at 64/50. I intend to up the goal next year. I think I will aim for 72 books next year, 6 books per month organized in the following way: 

- 2 print TBR list
- 2 digital TBR list
- 2 mood reads (can be either print or digital)

A good mix of things. For the randomized nature that is necessary to choose a TBR book from my list, I use a combination of RNG and a G-Sheets spread of the books I own. I'm going to try to not go to my library as often next year (or buy as many books) so that way I can try to work my way through the books I already own. The piles are getting ridiculous. 

I'm totally trying to avoid giving myself a heart attack later, but I just got this impressive urge to read IT by Stephen King. Like, it's October and that is a horror so it makes sense that I would want to read it...but I don't trust my mental status sometimes. Argh...why brain? Why do we do this to ourselves? You know what will happen and you are not afraid of it at all.

Started cataloging my books again, and as of 2019-10-11, I have 730 physical books, 247 digital books, and 1 audio book. Both of them were four-star reads, but for different reasons that I will get into in my wrap-up for November.

* * *

Okay, so let me tell you what has gone down in the last few weeks that stopped me from updating the blog. BOTH of my computers have reached death. Neither death is software related and easy to fix. Because that would be easy. NOPE. On my Dell, the keyboard has stopped responding (I'm using a tiny USB keyboard I got my hands on to type this) and then on the Acer the pixels in the screen shattered. So I can't type on one and can't see on the other. Of course this would happen between paychecks, so I have to suffer for a whole week with a janky GearHead USB keyboard until I have enough money to acquire a new laptop.

Anyway...in the last few weeks I have managed to finish two books. I got through Nocturnal Witchcraft by Konstantinos and Assassination Classroom #11 by Yusei Matsui. 

No comments:

Post a Comment