Sunday, March 8, 2020

Currently Reading: 23 February - 07 March 2020

Currently Reading

- Chinese Myths by Jake Jackson (37%)
The Sound of Stars by Alechia Dow (29%)
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (47%)
A Reader's Book of Days by Tom Nissley (08%)
Schrodinger's Cat by Robert Anton Wilson (08%)
- Mo Dao Zu Shi by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu (13%)
-  IT by Stephen King (40%)
Journey to the West by Wu Cheng'en (39%)
The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle (59%)

* * *


Before anyone asks, yes, there are more Chinese themed books on my list. I am researching for NaNoWriMo 2020 season and my project involves China. I figured I would acquire and read as much as I could. Myths, history, culture, everything!

Proud of myself for hitting 5 books in February. Managed to finish one on the 29th at like 12:30. Just barely managed to get it in before I ran out of time. Now then, March is going to be horrific. I have 24 books on the TBR. I know I won't get to all of them, or even half, but it's the thought that counts. Two groupings (#2-7 & #8-14) are for readathons that are happening in March. I can only hope that I get through some of them.

An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
Schrödinger's Cat by Robert Anton Wilson
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Wild Swans by Jung Chang
Soul Mountain by Gao Xingjian
Autumn Princess, Dragon Child by Lian Hearn
Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
Love and Friendship by Jane Austen
China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan
Dracula by Bram Stoker
Ashes of Roses by M.J. Auch
If I'm Being Honest by Emily Wibberly and Austin Siegmund-Broka
I Ching by David Hinton
Journey to the West by Wu Cheng'en
Mo Dao Zu Shi by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu
Chinese Myths by Jake Jackson
The Sound of Stars by Alechia Dow
The Dark Road by Ma Jian
Mac on a Hot Tin Roof by Melinda Metz
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
IT by Stephen King
The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle

Realized that from where I am now, if I read 100 pages a day in March, I can finish Journey to the West by the 15th. Let's see if we can do it with the other bookish readathons going on in the middle of that. My life in March will be dedicated almost entirely to books. 

My current favorite thing is that I found the original (I think?) Mo Dao Zu Shi by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu on eBay and I grabbed it. I couldn't help myself. I had to have it. I love the show in its multitude of forms. I can't wait to get it and add it to my collection of books that I have that I cannot read. It will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment