Saturday, May 4, 2024

Currently Reading #9 [01 to 04 May 2024]

 Currently Reading

- Ink, Iron, & Glass by Gwendolyn Clare (15%)
- The 1619 Project by Nikole Hannah-Jones (37%)
- Moon Rise by D.D. Line (02%)

* * *
Yearly Goal
24/100
* * *

I apparently skipped all of April. Not that it matters. I pretty much just read my books for the Orilium Spring Equinox Semesters. Aurin passed all his 'mid-terms' for the year and is now getting ready to head into the full exams in autumn. He's a Third Year Godseer and a Second Year Star Whisperer. I can't wait to see what happens with him. 

Nothing else particularly exciting has happened. I've decided to put myself solidly back on the restriction. I cannot acquire (by any means) new books without having read a few from my ungodly TBR first. Currently the restriction is at 1 for 3. I can only get 1 new book for every 3 books I finish. I'm not counting my Book of the Month box in that since it's montly and I hold myself to the one book usually unless there is something I find out they have that I absolutely need. So far, um, it's going? I have neither finished nor purchased anything. 

I started two new notebooks for my reading. The first one is a log of all of the books I've finished. I'm starting it in 2024 and will just keep going until I am no longer reading at all. I've decided to just continue the numbering from where I left off. I'm curious. On the right hand margin, when the year changes, I'll just put the year and maybe (or not, undecided) change the pen color to something else. Pink, teal, or purple. Something to help differentiate it from the previous year? 

I've also started up a wish-list book. I have this terrible habit of having my wish-list spread across several different sources. There's one on Amazon, one in a journal, one on the wall, one on Barnes and Noble...just...everywhere. I'm going to consolidate my lists into one "master" list and just refer back to it every time I buy or add a book. Try to keep myself more accountable that way. 

I guess, that's all then. I'll see you all in the next one.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment