Monday, January 14, 2019

Currently Reading: 29 December 2018 to 11 January 2019

Currently Reading

- Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco (01%)
- Labyrinth by Kate Mosse (39%)
The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn (34%)
Hirohito and the Making of Modern Japan by Herbert B. Pix (01%)
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan (17%)
- IT by Stephen King (06%)
- Queen of the Star Pirates by Stephen Landis (06%)
- Journey to the West by Wu Cheng'en (14%)
The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (39%)

* * *

Nothing terribly exciting has happened recently. My keyboard died, so I bought a new one (still has that fresh from the box smell to it). Hmm....went to a write-in with some friends from NaNoWriMo. Got virtually no actual writing done. 

I did come up with a list of books for a TBR bowl/jar of sorts. They are as follows:
  • Animal Farm by George Orwell
  • Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
  • Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco
  • Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
  • The Beautiful Country and the Middle Kingdom by John Pomfret
  • A Conspiracy of Paper by David Liss
  • The Far Side of the Sky by Daniel Kalla
  • Daughter of the Pirate Queen by Tricia Levenseller
  • We Are Not Ourselves by Matthew Thomas
  • The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco
  • The Sherlockian by Brittany Cavallaro 
  • The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
  • Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith
  • The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
  • Black City by Elizabeth Richards
  • The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
  • A List of Cages by Robin Roe
  • The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
  • The Magicians by Lev Grossman
  • The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson
  • Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
  • History of Greek Culture by Jacob Burckhardt
  • Zodiac by Romina Russell
  • Eragon by Christopher Paolini

Naturally these are in no specific order, it's just how I remembered writing them from the bookshelf. I want to get to these some time this year. First go at actually doing a TBR properly. I left plenty of wiggle room in my 2019 reading goal to fit these in and then whatever else strikes my fancy.

I'm already changing one of my goals for the year. I have a reading journal and I have decided that instead of buying one book for five read, I will use the number of lines as a monthly maximum. So no more than 24 books in a given month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment