Saturday, June 13, 2020

Currently Reading: 07 June to 13 June 2020

Currently Reading

- Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir (11%)
- The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang (57%)
Not a Hero by Cherise Sinclair (14%)
The Last Manchu by Henry Pu Yi (58%)
The Storm Crow by Kalyn Josephson (14%)
-  IT by Stephen King (40%)
Journey to the West by Wu Cheng'en (39%)
The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle (59%)


* * *

Yearly Goal

42/50

* * *

Another book that didn't really make it into the Currently Reading post. I read Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza for the prompt of "First Classes", however I started and finished it in the week that we are currently reviewing. So, you keep missing any and all updates for the books I'm on, because I am going through them that fast. You may not even see my current Axis Libri read if I keep up the pace! The Poppy War is significantly longer, so it may take me more time to get through it, but I blazed right through my adult psychological thriller. Holy sh*t. 

What else interesting has happened this week that I ought to tell you about? I have effectively put myself on a book buying ban/restriction. I really do not need to be buying more books. I need to be cataloging the ones I already own and making sure to tick off the ones I've already read of those. I think I will also have to redo the data sheet for it, Author Last Name, Author First Name, Title, Read, Rating. Then I will actually get around to sorting column A "A<-->Z", something I don't normally do...

Got an email from Book Outlet this week. They are going to send me the three books that were missing from my order completely free of charge. See this is why I appreciate people and whomever is doing the packing. After that, I am no longer ordering from their site. Already deleted it from my saved tabs. I wish people weren't so rude to one another. I saw a few news articles that stated BO has been denying the applications of POC vloggers to be "Vlogger Friends" and that the last (and only?) one to be hired on was back in 2015. When confronted about this, instead of rectifying their mistake and hiring on POC vloggers....they said they were only hiring "family friendly" content creators. This implies that in the eyes of the BO execs, if you are a POC, you are not family friendly. Then they removed the button and page allowing the general public to see their vlogger friends. Oh well. So much for that site. 


No comments:

Post a Comment