Sunday, June 7, 2020

Currently Reading 31 May to 06 June 2020

Currently Reading

- Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza (04%)
- Not a Hero by Cherise Sinclair (06%)
- The Last Manchu by Henry Pu Yi (33%)
- The Storm Crow by Kalyn Josephson (11%)
-  IT by Stephen King (40%)
Journey to the West by Wu Cheng'en (39%)
The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle (59%)


* * *

Yearly Goal

41/50

* * *


I figured it wouldn't make much of a difference if I posted weekly or bi-weekly, so we're going to go to weekly Currently Reading posts. Just to simplify my life and put me on a schedule I may actually be able to keep. With that spirit in mind, let us begin the currently reading post for 31-05 to 06-06. 

I am going to start my wrap ups again this month, skipping May entirely. I know, I know. I want to get back on some kind of proper listing. I never do though! I will also start up my book hauls again with June 2020. 

Reading for the various groups and I've finished one, and got 1/9 for another. Not too bad I think? I've finished the Reading Sprint's group read of The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides. Yeah, it had been so quick that the book didn't even manage to make it to my Currently Reading list. Then I got through Knowing Your Power for the Axis Libri reading challenge. Hopefully I can make it through everything I am supposed to get through this month. I mean, if not, oh well? Sh*t happens? 

I made one of those decisions I am surprisingly good at. On Sunday, 31 May 2020, I made another $300 purchase from Book Outlet. I think I need an intervention. I bought 58 books. Sadly of those 58, only 55 were what I ordered. I did not order a children's book about princesses, a middle grade science fiction book, or a middle-school Language Arts primer. I haven't taken Language Arts (it's just called English in high school), in quite a long time. Is the world trying to tell me something? Read more kids' books? I wanted scary books. Got princesses. 

Hopefully Book Outlet can do anything about it. Tomorrow we will find out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment