Friday, December 31, 2021

2022 Bookish Resolutions~

I am going to post up my 2022 Resolutions, and see if I can actually stick to them this year. I've been doing better and better to actually not break them. Hopefully this is the year that all goes according to plan! 


1. Read 100 books - I got to 92 books completed last year. I kept changing my goal and with moving it became a bit of a challenge to even find time to read. Now that I'm settled in the new apartment, with most of the moving done (bookshelves are presently living in the minivan until I make the room for them to go up), I figure I'll have plenty of time to actually get more done!

2. Buy fewer books - I want to read more of my own books as opposed to buying new ones. Granted, I don't count Book of the Month toward this, because it's one to three books a month that I pay a subscription fee for. So any books purchased outside of that will go toward the soft ban.

3. Use Kindle more - I own two of them and have the app on my phone and tablet, yet I barely read any ebooks. I want to start using it more so I am making myself only use the Kindle when I'm out of the house. I will take my Kindle (a 2011 Kindle Touch 4th gen) and one print book with me. Hopefully I can start talking myself into more Kindle books read. 

4. Do not force reviews - I really only write short short reviews for like Instagram and StoryGraph, but I won't force myself to write multiple paragraph reviews unless I really have something to say about the book, whether that be gushing about it or complaining mercilessly. 

5. Stick to TBR - Another goal that is easy enough to stick to. I tend to make short TBRs for the month, with the exception of say April 2022, where we will get the Orilium readathon prompts. Other than that, yeah, it will be easy to stick to a 6-9 book TBR each month. 

6. Keep track of Hauls, TBRs, and Wrap-ups - I have set aside specific areas of my journals and reading blog to keep track of these things. I think I'm doing pretty well over all right now, as I have been keeping the records. My only issue now will be remembering to post said hauls, TBRs, and wrap-ups. 

7. Put away $5 for every book read - This is a two-fold goal: First, it will spur me to actually read more as I want to see the number get higher. Second, it will also help me put away money for the future since I intend to keep the money that I save reading in my savings account. 

8. Keep up with Bookstagram - Okay. Hear me out. I want to better use the Instagram subcategory of Bookstagram. I started doing this last year, and kind of fell off the wagon. In the bio, I will track what book I am reading and in the main feed I can put wrap-up piles, haul piles, TBR piles, and short reviews of books as I read them with like "Book 1: [Insert Title and Author Here] of 2022" and "Book 24: [Insert Title and Author Here] of 2022" and then my thoughts. I have a plan!

9. Read The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan - I just pick one gigantic book each year and try to read it over the course of the whole year. This year it's Robert Jordan. I found this glorious 30th anniversary edition of the first book in the Wheel of Time series and now I am reading that one for the year. Here's hoping I can even get through it without stopping like I did with Les Mis

No comments:

Post a Comment