Sunday, May 28, 2023

Currently Reading: 01 to 27 May 2023

Currently Reading

- Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation #3 by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu (30%)
- A Circle of Stars by Craig Montgomery (78%)
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (41%)

* * *
Reading Goal

31/100
* * *

I totally skipped April, and I didn't intend to. It's been a busy month where if I wasn't reading (90% of the time), writing (like 0.05%) or working (the other 9.95%) I was unconscious. I failed Camp NaNoWriMo with flying colors. I think I only wrote like a thousand words? Maybe? Of my 15,000. So that's all said and done.

KS keeps handing me my own books that I haven't read yet, and telling me I need to read them. The first one was Moriarty which I then decided to use for the "Recommended by a friend" prompt because well, it was. She hit me with it. Then she handed me Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by [I forgot the author's name] and told me I needed to read it. Naturally I told her I'd get right to it, which is a total lie. I'm probably going to forget all about it by the middle of next week and go about reading the books that I want to read. Which is...to quote JH, "pretty Chinese boys" novels. 

I've made it 25% of the way into my reading goal for the year. Which means I'm only 8 books behind now? So if I should keep this goal, I would need to read just over 9 books per month (9.375) to meet the goal. I can totally picture being able to do it and if I can get through the last two on my list this month today, that would put me at even less. 9 books/month. 

I even only almost skipped May. Life has been oddly busy on Saturdays recently. Places to go, things to do....so that entire first, what three paragraphs, isn't even what I've accomplished. I'm actually at 31% now. I have finished literally all of the novels that were listed as currently reading and am on three all new ones, including the "pretty Chinese boys" from earlier. 

Got myself approved for a digital ARC of The Jasad Heir by Sara Hashem. I pre-ordered it, then found the ARC on NetGalley and just absolutely needed it. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a book. It's a fantasy based on Egyptian mythology. The only other book like that I've ever read, to my knowledge, is the Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan. This one is more adult than that. I cannot wait to get into it. 

I've read...five books so far in May. Not bad really. Definitely more than I normally would have finished by now last year. My running average then was 2-4. So far I've read much more than that. I may actually hit my goal of 100 books. I'm only 6-7 behind. I am considering, to help this, upping the TBR goal to 9 books starting in June, instead of the normal 6. Instead of 3 Print, 2 Digital, 1 Audio I am considering moving it to 4 Print, 3 Digital, 2 Audio. That way I can try to rocket through what I am behind on. 

In any event, I will close here. I pretty much have been reading and finishing books. I'll see you all in JUNE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment