Saturday, February 17, 2024

Currently Reading #5 [04 February to 24 February 2024]

Currently Reading

- IT by Stephen King [63%]
- Butcher & Blackbird by Brynne Weaver [17%]
- A Botanical Daughter by Noah Medlock [02%]
- The Black Crow Flies by L.B. Perdan [29%]
- Crown of Feathers by Nikki Pau Preto [20%]

* * *
Yearly Reading Goal
10/72
* * *

You'll notice Mistborn is gone. I soft DNF'd it. Just wasn't in the mood now. I'll pick it up again later to reread or I'll skip it and just jump right into The Well of Ascension, since that's the next book and I'm all for it. I remember enough from the first one to keep going. I don't know yet. I'm undecided. 

I did remember to finally add all of my Currently Reading books to the active list. The ones that I am really reading. I nearly forgot to actually start A Botanical Daughter by Noah Medlock. It's an eARC from Netgalley about an LGBTQIA+ couple who use science to make themselves a daughter? I think? I don't know. I'm still pretty early on in the book and so far we're just describing where Gregor and Simon live. I haven't made it further yet. I am excited about it and I plan to get my review out as soon as I can!

What....happened? I swear yesterday was the fourth of February and then all of the sudden, almost three weeks has gone by. In that time, I've hardly read anything, but I have made a large purchase. Yeah...I know. I'm terrible!! We went "adventure shopping" and I requested my favorite place in the whole world other than my own house: Barnes & Noble. We also went to Jo-Ann Fabrics where I bought more cloth for book-sleeves and a sticker sheet of bees....I even went in with the intention of only purchasing one book. There was a special one that I wanted and then I found five more....yep. 

Finished ONE (1) book in February so far. I've started a few. Nettle and Bone by T. Kingfisher. It was certainly something. I'm not entirely sure I was supposed to be laughing at it? Or if it was meant to be serious. I enjoyed the read either way. It was fairly quick, but that's hardly surprising for such a short book. T. Kingfisher is going to end up on a list of authors to keep buying from. I'm considering picking up What Moves the Dead soon and seeing if I like that. If I do, they will join the ranks of favorites. For now, this is going to sit pretty high up there at at 4.5/5. 

Not much else has occured at all in February, beyond my lack of reading. I blame work for that. Hopefully now that I'm back in the swing of things I can update you more regularly!! See you all next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment