Saturday, February 3, 2024

February 2024 To Be Read

I am pleased to announce the books I want to read in February 2024: 

Print

1: IT by Stephen King - I've only got 429 pages remaining (724/1153), so I figure I can actually probably get this done in February. I had meant to read 50 pages a day in January and finish it before the end of the month, but I got distracted by other books. Let's get this done! Check a 1000+ page novel off my list in 2024. 

2: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson - This one is a reread for a Fable club I'm in. I had meant to reread it anyway so that I could continue reading the rest of the series. I've got 6/7 of the books. I still need to actually pick up The Lost Metal, but that's fine. It'll take me a while to get to it anyway. I'm enjoying my reread already. I forgot how snarky Kelsier is. 

3: Book of the Month Selection - Just my Book of the Month for February 2024. It's been my goal to actually read my monthly selections during the month in which I select them. Why have the subscription if I'm not using it appropriately?

Digital

4: The Botanical Daughter by Noah Medlock - This one is an ARC I got through Netgalley. I'm looking very forward to reading it! It's kind of a Frankenstein retelling? This dude makes a daughter for himself out of a cadaver and some kind of parasitic mushrooms....that's all I know. It looked brilliant and I cannot wait to get to it. [Available 19 March 2024]. 

5: Curse of the Nine-Tailed Fox by Adelaide Rowan - An LGBT+ fantasy about kitsune. That's literally all I can remember from the plot. I picked it up during the January Stuff Your Kindle Fantasy day. I got nothing. The cover looked fun and it's m/m. What else did I actually need to know?

Audio

6: Crown of Feathers by Nikki Pau Preto - Just grabbed one at random from my Audible list. I didn't have anything particular in mind. It was the first one up on the Not Started list that was already downloaded. So far (I started it on the 30th) it is pretty good. Phoenix riders of legend are set to return to the country and I am looking so forward to completing it. 

Bonus

7: The Black Crow Flies by L.B. Perdan - I started this back in December? Something like that. I'm just under a third of the way through it, and I should be able to get it done before the end of February if I'm just more dedicated to reading it. I'm excited. It's really good so far. I'm looking forward to the sequel when it comes out. I know the title involves White Owl, but I forget what the whole thing is and it hasn't been announced on StoryGraph yet. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment