Saturday, February 3, 2024

Currently Reading #4 [28 January to 03 February 2024]

Currently Reading

- IT by Stephen King [63%]
- Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson [12%]
- The Black Crow Flies by L.B. Perdan [29%]
- Crown of Feathers by Nikki Pau Preto [09%]

* * *
Yearly Reading Goal
9/72
* * *

I didn't quite finish where I wanted to in January, but that's okay. You can't win them all, right? I am proud of myself for reaching 9/6 books for the month though. That was brilliant. I've always set myself a goal of 72 for the year. 6 books per month. But if I keep up the pace of 9....I could hit 108. Wooo! Over 100! A lofty goal indeed.

I've decided to dedicate most of February to actually finishing IT. I've been reading it since some time in November. It's time I finish. I may even read it as my book today. I've less than 500 pages to go. I know I won't be able to finish it today [03 February 2024], that's impossible, but I can get a decent chunk done. I used to try to read 50 pages per day. If I can do that again, it will take me 8.6 days to read through the rest of the book and be finally done with it. 

I've dropped a book already. I didn't actually manage to put it on my currently reading before it was DNF'd. I plan to go back to it eventually, but I'd need to pick up the print version to do so. It's a nonfiction that is apparently also a lesson book with exercises you are supposed to complete over the course of an entire year to become a Key-Keeper. Someone who is devoted to Hekate, Goddess of the Witches. It wasn't wasn't really marked in the description that I saw. Eh, oh well. 

I started Mistborn for a group read, but immediately got halfway down another rabbit hole and kind of fell of the train. I need to catch up at the absolute least. I'm around 90 pages shy of where I should be and I think I can get through that today. It shouldn't take all that long with how invested I already am. I plan to read it today to try to make my way through more of it. 

I think that's as much as what happened and what I can talk about this week. See you all on the 10th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment