Monday, April 20, 2015

Why Don't I Have a BookTube Channel?

I have no idea why, but people have been subscribing to my channel on YouTube. The only problem with this is that I haven't got a channel. I mean, I have an account, but I don't post any videos on it. I probably never will.

I have a few reasons why I don't have a BookTube account. First and foremost, I absolutely hate my own voice on recordings. I don't sound anything at all like I hear in my own head. When I hear it on a recording I'm just like “This is not my voice. I don't know who this person is.”

The second reason is that I have EXTREME stage-fright. If I have to say something out loud, I usually either feel it's very silly and end up messing it up or I get so nervous that I turn bright red and can't talk. I've even done everything in my power to avoid doing school projects because of it. Yes, I've heard the 'if you talk in front of groups more, you'll actually come to like it.' Yeah, no. I have actually completed oral reports for school and I am just as nervous now as I was before I did it. I don't like talking in front of people or a camera unless I absolutely cannot get out of it.

The third reason I do not have a BookTube is because I don't have a good camera for it, nor can I even afford one. I have a Nikon that has an mp4 limit of eight minutes. I can't even film anything longer than that. Not that would want to film me. I prefer being behind the camera and not in front of it. I like taking photographs and filming people. I don't like being filmed.

I think that is all of my reasoning. If I come up with another reason, or a way to expand on a reason, I will do that. I just...I am better with typed words than with saying them aloud. I do hope you understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment