Friday, July 14, 2017

Friday Reads 01 July to 14 July 2017

Currently Reading


- A Walk Across the Sun by Corban Addison (11%)
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen (15%)
Wings of Arian by Devri Walls (08%)
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (05%)
Time Spiral by Scott McGough (02%)
The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon (24%)
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (14%)
Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe (13%)
- To the Letter by Simon Garfield (36%)
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke (14%)
The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (24%)


* * *

So last Thursday (the 6th), my best friend decided to take me into the Dollar Tree in her home town. We were supposed to just be looking for a pitcher and something else that I've already forgotten. It was related to dinner I think. Anyway, instead of just the pitcher and whatever the other thing was, I walked out with a new notebook and eleven books. I could not control myself. I bought nine hard covers and two paperback. One just because it was about a gay guy. Yep. That was me. 

This was after spending $8 on a book only to find out it's the second in a series. I know I don't have to read this particular series in order, but it's sort of a thing of mine. I have to read them in publication order first, even if they don't make sense. 

I got my printer to work. Thanks KS for helping. I probably couldn't have done it with out you. I mean, I have no idea how technology works most of the time. I make my computer literate friends help me. As a result of getting my printer working, I finally put titles on the spines of my story notebooks. Meaning I don't have to pull them all out to find the one I'm looking for nor will I accidentally get them out of order...again....

Anyway, I decided to go over the stories that I have and decide which ones I'm keeping and which ones can be scrapped. The ones I'm keeping will get titles on their spines. I have 58 of them if we count both FanFiction and FictionPress titles (70 all told, but I only have 58 notebooks). I've begun work on some and I've even started writing new content for one that I haven't touched since 2012. Yeah. Go me! 

Anyway, that's all for this week. See you again on the 21st.

No comments:

Post a Comment