Friday, June 30, 2017

Friday Reads: 24 to 30 June 2017

Currently Reading


- Wings of Arian by Devri Walls (08%)
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (01%)
Time Spiral by Scott McGough (02%)
Copyright by Lori Lesko (100%)
The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon (24%)
Dear Mr. M by Herman Koch (100%)
The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan (55%)
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (14%)
Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe (13%)
- To the Letter by Simon Garfield (36%)
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke (14%)
The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (24%)
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (100%)



* * *

Quarterly Review of Bookish Resolutions

Let's go over each bookish goal individually, shall we? To gauge how far we are and where we ought to be. 

1. Meet and/or exceed my reading goal on Goodreads. Yeah, we are currently 12 books behind our goal. I've finished 16 books for the year so far out of the 60 that I want. I'm nearly done with The Count of Monte Cristo, so I should be able to just get through more quickly afterward because this book has been driving me nuts. 

2. Review every book I read. So far so good. I've reviewed 100% of the books that I've read, so I can count this one as completed for the quarter. 

3. Stick to my book buying limit. Well, I had no money, so yeah. I think so far I've actually bought only two or three books? Everything else went to my camera and my bills. Yay! Another goal so far accomplished. 

4. Finish The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. I'm at 92% as of 6/24. I think I got this! I'm definitely going to be reading a lot during the rest of this week (meaning the rest of the day, it's Saturday so the week begins again tomorrow). 

Top Reads for the First Half of 2017

I've decided so far on my list of books (ranked from lowest to highest) of the books I loved so far this year. I will not really go in depth about them, find them in their various wrap-up posts to see what I thought. With no further adieu, the list
5. Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco - 4/5
4. The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon - 5/5
3. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah - 5/5
2. The Barrowfields by Phillip Lewis - 5/5
1. A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro - 5/5

The book I liked the least this year was This Too Shall Pass by Milena Busquets. I only gave it a 2/5 and you can find out why in my wrap up.

* * *

I did it! I finally did it! I finished The Count of Monte Cristo! It took me three years to finish that silly thing and I finally did it. Now that means goal number 4 is complete from my bookish goals for the year.

I'm still 10 books behind on my goal, but I'm catching up. I finished 3 books this week, possibly a 4th depending on how fast I can read it. I'm liking it. I'm nearly 1/3 of my way through the Goodreads goal. Yay!

I suppose that's all for now. See you next Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment