Saturday, June 24, 2017

Friday Reads: 03 to 23 June 2017

Currently Reading

- Time Spiral by Scott McGough (02%)
- Copyright by Lori Lesko (03%)
- The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon (24%)
Dear Mr. M by Herman Koch (34%)
The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan (19%)
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (14%)
Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe (13%)
- To the Letter by Simon Garfield (24%)
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke (14%)
The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (17%)
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (92%)



* * *


I've definitely decided to bring my Currently Reading down. I'll work on it until it drops from fifteen books to three digital and three print. No more than that! In fact, for the time being I may not be on my computer very much at all to do the journal and updates. I'll keep my notes and things in my red notebook so that way I can adjust what I need to. I think I'll drop any books that are 5% or under of the way through. So.....that means, The Idiot, Caraval, The Song Rising, Moby Dick, The Fellowship of the Ring, and The Witching Hour will be going for now. I will add them back as I finish the books that are already on the list. It drops my list from fifteen to nine. Not as good as I wanted, but definitely better. Two books that I can finish this month (A Study in Charlotte and The Count of Monte Cristo) will bring my list to seven. Then I'm reading through Dear Mr. M quickly, so that could bring me all the way to six. 


Best Thing About Me is being re-written, to what, I don't know. Let's try again for something else that I actually like. We will continue it in first person. Bookish related. I need a plot though. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with this. Maybe a book/bookstore/library thing. I like those. I still like the name Avery Warren though. I think Avery will be a boy. He's a bibliophile, part of a wide number of bookish groups and pages on Facebook. Just starting up his own “bookstore” via eBay and stuff. 


Ooops! Sorry I failed to put this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment