Friday, June 2, 2017

Friday Reads: 27 May to 2 June 2017

Currently Reading

- Dear Mr. M by Herman Koch (08%)
- The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan (19%)
The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoevsky (01%)
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber (01%)
Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco (52%)
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (14%)
The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon (02%)
Moby-Dick by Herman Melville (05%)
Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe (13%)
The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien (02%)
The Witching Hour by Anne Rice (03%)
- To the Letter by Simon Garfield (24%)
A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro (72%)
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke (14%)
The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (17%)
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (71%)



* * *


KS grumbled at me on Thursday. I forgot about it. She has/had (I don't know the proper tense at the exact moment but it was “has” when I saw) a relatively large cardboard box in her trunk full of books. When she was getting some tote bags for Price Chopper out of the trunk, I was rummaging through the box. I grabbed a copy of The Sea Wolf by Jack London out of it. Because I happen to like Jack London.

Am I good or am I good? I figured out how to easily and accurately remove stickers from the back of glossy books. I haven't figured out how to do it for paper/matte finished ones yet. I know it works on glossy though. You take some hand sanitizer and spread it over the sticker and let it sit for a few minutes (2-3). Then you can just peel the sticker right off. I never thought to use it that way before. Now I can get a lot of stickers off of books with glossy covers. I'll have to experiment with paper and matte.

Finished DragonHeart by Charles Edward Pogue yesterday (maybe the day before, I don't remember). It was okay. 3/5 for that alone. I liked it pretty well. I've already put it into the box marked “Books” in red. (Get it? Re(a)d Books, I crack me up). Dad said to put the books I've read into the box. So I did. It must be lonely in there all by itself. I should really add more to it. Too bad I haven't read any of the books on the shelf yet. 

Yay! I got my review copy of Dear Mr. M by Herman Koch (Hogarth edition estimated publication date of 6/6/17) in on the 1st. It's my....sixth, I want to say sixth, review book from Blogging for Books. Yes, it's the sixth. I've already submitted five reviews for them this year. I want to do at least....twenty-five for the entire year. Sounds like a reasonable goal that I can meet by oh....August. 

Anyway, I'll sign off for now, see you next Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment