Sunday, September 29, 2019

Quarterly Review /#3: July - September 2019

This last quarter was a good one. I met or exceeded a few of my goals. Next year my goals will be more defined and better. I hope to have another good year in 2020. 

* * *

1) Meet/Exceed 2019 Goodreads Goal: As of the writing of this particular post, I am at 57/50. Goal was met in late August/early September, though I do not recall quite the proper date. This is a goal I can check off in my notebook. I have exceeded my Goodreads Goal for 2019. 


2) Review 80% of the Books I Read: As far as I recall (and after checking GR), I have reviewed 85% of the books I have read so far this year. I hope to keep this up for the rest of the year. So far, so good. I just have to review the books I've finished in September.


3) Enter & Win at Least One Camp NaNo & NaNoWriMo: So this goal is good so far. I won Camp NaNo July with 37,000/30,000 words. I did good. I have my plans for November and I think I will be able to actually hit 50,000 words (or better) when the month finally rolls around because I have been not allowing myself to start writing the story early. I am forcing myself to wait until 01 November 2019. 

4) Stick to Book Buying Restriction: This was still a failure. I totally didn't stick to it at all. I have to come up with a reasonable way to do this. Perhaps a 1:1 or 1:3 ratio and I can only purchase books at the end of the month when I can tally my reading total for the year. I will probably figure out how many I can buy using glass baubles again like I did in 2018. 


5) Publish Two Stories by Any Means: I have put up two stories so far on FanFiction, so I guess that means this is a success? They are published for public viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment