Saturday, January 8, 2022

Currently Reading: 02 January to 08 January 2022

Currently Reading

- Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan (20%)
- The Bone Shard Daughter by Andrea Stewart (24%) 
- Legacy of Ash by Matthew Ward (43%)
- Critical Failures by Robert Bevan (39%)
- The Wolf of Oren-Yaro by K.S. Villoso (26%) 

* * *

Yearly Book Goal
1/100
-
Yearly Page Goal
689/25,000

* * *

So far so good. I'm a book behind for the year and the first book I read wasn't even on my planned TBR. Absolutely brilliant. I'm thinking about buying books when I haven't even managed to read the ones I own yet (as per usual) and I'm looking at bookish merch. I've literally only been paid ONCE so far this year. I do not need to be buying things. 2022 is off to a great start. 

I'm still thinking about what I plan to do for saving money. I think I've settled on leaving it in my savings and letting it grow. It's money I have earned twice. First by working, then by reading. If I could name the accounts, I'd even call it "Twice Earned" just to be that way. 

What has happened so far in my literary world in the first week of January. I joined two reading challenges on StoryGraph. One is just to submit page/percentage updates every single day. I'm 7/7 right now. Haven't updated today yet, but as long as I do 1 page/1% before midnight, it will count. Then I joined another A-Z Challenge. Hopefully I do better this year than I did last year. 

Obviously, my goal is 100 books and 25,000 pages. The funny thing is, they don't have to correlate to each other at all. Like, I can finish books or read huge books and it would count toward both. I'm doing well. Behind on book but ahead on page. Hopefully in the upcoming week, with my slightly smaller reads, I can catch up to where I am supposed to be. I have a few YAs and shorter adult novels that might spur me up to where I need to be. Then there are the two huge tomes. Which I may work on those today...yes. Sounds like a good plan. I will work on them today. 

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this in the previous post, but I'm going to split the boys up in February and March's TBRs. For the Orilium readathon, you need to complete three prompts for your character's backstory. I have two characters, thus 6 books. I'm going to do Aurin's books in February, and Irwyn's books in March. That way they can (hopefully) be completed before the April deadline. 

For Aurin we have: 

1) The Wood by Chelsea Bobulski
2) A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik
3) The Hummingbird Dagger by Cindy Antsy

For Irwyn: 

1) If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
2) The Magicians by Lev Grossman
3) The Bird and the Blade by Megan Bannen


I am going to end for now, I will see you all again next week~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment