Saturday, February 5, 2022

January 2022 Wrap Up

In January I've read 2 books:


1. Blood of Elves by Andrzej Sapkowski - This was good, if not a little haphazardly written. Sometimes I lost where I was in the timeline, but it didn't seem to make a difference since the story flowed well all the same. I have to say though that I found Dandelion to be lacking. I loved his character in the television show and wished he would have made a stronger appearance. That said, I loved how he proved himself to be capable despite being not of a more fighter-like cast. The characters proved themselves to be more than what classic sword & sorcery classes would make them out to be. Yennefer can run and jump and fight as well as anyone else, Dandelion can scale buildings, Ciri can do pretty much whatever she wants...I'm looking forward to reading the next installment and seeing if the rest of the Witchers of Kaer Morhen are brought back and what happens with the Lion Cub of Cintra. 

2. The Time of Contempt by Andrzej Sapkowski - The second book in the series, I rather enjoyed it. We pick up nearly right from where the first book leaves off. It is worth the read. Especially for fans of the games and television series. Though, it isn't quite all in the same order. 

No comments:

Post a Comment