Sunday, February 27, 2022

Currently Reading: 13 February to 27 February 2022

 Currently Reading

Baptism of Fire by Andrzej Sapkowski (38%)
The Bone Shard Daughter by Andrea Stewart (28%) 
A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik (29%)
- Once and Future Witches by Alix E. Harrow (62%)
Phoenix Extravagant by Yoon Ha Lee (06%)
The Wolf of Oren-Yaro by K.S. Villoso (36%) 

* * *

Yearly Book Goal
5/100
-
Yearly Page Goal
2595/25,000

* * *

I finally managed to get my hands on the last three volume of the Witcher series. It's hit and miss with a lot of people, but I'm glad I've got it so that way I can finish it and know what happens. This also is spurring me to complete it and decide whether or not I like it. I know it is bordering problematic because of the way it describes/treats women and young girls. I am giving it a bit of the benefit of the doubt because I understand that while Mr. Sapkowski may not have those views, it is entirely possible that the characters do. As an avid TTRPG player (mostly D&D, Pathfinder, and Starfinder) I understand that your belief systems and your characters' are often not the same. 

I went to the library and checked out a book for the first time since moving here. I found a copy of Alix E. Harrow's The Once and Future Witches, which is one a coworker of mine has talked about in the past and suggested I pick up. So far I've read nearly the whole book. I borrowed it on Tuesday, February 22. I'm already mostly done with it and that's saying a lot for how much time I actually spend reading. 

I suppose that's really all that happened that was actually exciting in February. 

No comments:

Post a Comment