Friday, May 20, 2022

Currently Reading: 01 - 14 May 2022

 Currently Reading

- Daughter of the Moon Goddess by Sue Lynn Tan (01%)
- Phoenix Extravagant by Yoon Ha Lee (38%)
- Master of One by Jaida Jones (01%)
- I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai (01%)

* * *

Yearly Book Goal
21/100
-
Yearly Page Goal
6,258/25,000

* * *

Hello there lovelies. I figured, since May began on a Sunday this year, I'd just restart this with May's entry. I know I keep falling off the wagon so to speak, and not posting for weeks at a time. It's just that I have this terrible habit of forgetting? I don't know. Maybe I need to start recording more.

I then proceeded to get the plague on Friday the 6th and just been a potato all week long. I've only recently gained what I've been referring to as sentience, but in reality is just being able to concentrate for long enough to actually get the post up and out there. So that's fun. 

Managed to finish one book this week, and it wasn't even one on my currently reading list. I have a special "extra" space in my notebook where I put what I call bonus books. Things that I added to the TBR after the fact and don't quite have room to fit in the actual spaces for them. In the bonus section, I had the book The Witch's Heart by Genevieve Gornichec because a friend of mine is doing a discussion meeting thing on Zoom talking about Rokkatru and Lokean worship at the end of the month, and what better book to read then right before the discussion than a fictional novel based on the jotun and Loki? I liked it. 

The month is barely half over, and I'm already thinking about what I want to read next month. I was half considering putting either An Echo of Things to Come by James Islington or Matthew Ward's Legacy of Steel. Even though I know they are HUGE epic adult high fantasy novels that will take me weeks on weeks to actually get through. I was also thinking of rereading the first book in Jin Yong's Legend of the Condor Hero series, A Hero Born. I don't know yet. Oooh A Hero Born is available on Audible, so I'm going to use it as June's audiobook! Perhaps I can even do the entire series that way...on audio. Yes...

What else was there that I wanted to mention before I close up this post for the week? Hmmm....been considering giving myself a present of a BookOutlet order again. It almost seems that it's the only way I am going to get my hands on the copy of Aurora Burning that I want. Not that it's a difficult one to get in any way shape or form. It's the US hardcover. Why is it that I cannot find it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment