Saturday, May 28, 2022

Currently Reading: 15 May to 28 May 2022

Currently Reading

- An Echo of Things to Come by James Islington (18%)
- The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton (02%)

* * *

Yearly Book Goal
25/100
-
Yearly Page Goal
8,236/25,000

* * *

So far not so good. I'm still below goal by 15 books and 1,764 pages. If I can get my hands on a bunch of manga I've not read yet, I can totally take care of this. I can remedy the pages by the end of June, as I have at least two different books that are 450-600+ pages long. I also have August's readathon to consider that I will have to read 15 books for just to actually complete the "semester" and consider myself qualified to be a second year student (I think) at the Orilium Academy. That's going to be an interesting month. I'm glad it at least doesn't coincide with any other reading or writing challenges. 

I have come to what I assume is probably not going to be a good idea. I'm going to wait to make my BookOutlet purchase until two weeks before my birthday. That way it arrives just about in time for me to open it as a birthday present to myself. Because yes, I am exactly that kind of person. No one else buys me books for my birthday so I'll just buy them myself! 

I'm definitely enjoying Daughter of the Moon Goddess so far. Another book where I was already familiar with the inspirational story. It's the further tale of Chang'e the Moon Goddess. Which I am quite familiar with that story as it is one of my favorites from Chinese mythology. This talks about her daughter, Xingyin, and her grand plans to rescue her mother from the confinement. I cannot wait to get through it. The second and final book, Heart of the Sun Warrior, is due out in November and I am already considering purchasing it. 

So, since starting the particular post on the 15th, I've actually completed all of my May 2022 TBR books. I've begun reading one of the print books on my list (An Echo of Things to Come by James Islington) and one of the ebooks from my list (The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton) because at this point, why not? I don't have enough time to start anything else and these two books are over 600 pages each. 716 pages and 676 pages respectively. These will take me a while to get through. Fortunately, I am already near a quarter of the way through the print book. Hopefully I can get through it faster than the first one. 

Let's see what else has happened? I found a month long June read-a-thon called Guild-a-Thon. There's not very much information out for it, other than the fact than it takes place in the made up land of Anovia (which sounds a lot like a dragon name I once had) and that there are six guilds you can pick from and each guild has a list of it's own prompts. I went with Blackthorn guild: "The ones who roam the woods at night, learning it's secrets and blend in among the shadows." It looked like something both I and Aurin would do. I'm only going to attempt to read for one guild instead of two. Thankfully half the books I put up on my June TBR worked for the prompts. 
  • Black or Dark colored cover
  • Death walks-Features a death 
  • Assassination training-Features assassin's
  • Thief!- Steal a book off someone's TBR
  • Read a Thriller/Murder Mystery/Spooky book
  • Study in the Dark- Dark Academia vibes/theme 
  • Walk in the woods- Takes place near or in a forest or woods
  • Kill it!- Finish a book/ series that you've been putting off!
  • Scaredy cat- Read a book or series that intimidates you
  • Villains- Read a morally grey or villain book
So this ought to be a fun time....

With that, I will let you all go for the week. See you all in JUNE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment