Saturday, September 3, 2022

Currently Reading: 21 August to 03 September 2022

Currently Reading

- A Magic Steeped in Poison by Judy I. Lin (47%)
- Her Majesty's Royal Coven by Juno Dawson (43%)
- The Bookseller by Cynthia Swanson (01%)
- Eight Perfect Murders by Peter Swanson (21%)
- The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton (02%)
- Zachary Ying and the Dragon Emperor by Xiran Jay Zhao (25%)

* * *
Book Goal
40/50

Page Goal
14,894/25,000

* * *

I know. I know. I forgot to post last week. The thing is, I wasn't home either. I was down my family's house celebrating birthdays. Dad and sister have their birthdays within a week and a half of each other. They are both born at the end of August. It was a bit busy. Anyway....let's get on with the post!!

I did fail Orilium Fall Semester. I still have something like six books on my list. It's all for fun, so I'm not worried about it but still. I shouldn't have overestimated myself and what I could accomplish. Didn't help that they changed my work schedule to something that just does not work with reading all that much. Used to have the mornings Thursday and Friday to read. Now I'm at work by 08:30 or 09:00 and not home until 17:15 to 18:15. So yeah. I get home, and have just enough energy to make dinner and then veg out to television until I fall asleep. I end up with just no energy to read. 

With that said, I'm not going to force myself to read the rest of my books. I'll just read what I like. There was a book sale that happened on the way down to dad's....I picked up a probably terrible number of books.  I got 11 books. 2 of which I've already read. One needed to be replaced after water damage (I told him it was a leak in the foundation, but he insisted it was just humidity) destroyed the first and second volumes in the All Souls trilogy. I found the first book again: A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. Then I got A.J. Finn's The Woman in the Window, which I had borrowed from the library and loved and wanted my own copy of. Ironically it was that library, but I had borrowed a hardcover edition. 

Nothing else particularly exciting has happened. Picked up new reading/writing candles. Have been writing out thoughts for one-shots for Stranger Things fics. Yeah, I'm obsessed with Eddie Munson now. He's my favorite, followed by Steve Harrington, then Billy Hargrove. I just like the unusual ones. I'll share more about that as it works itself out. 

Still pretty set on Project Degree as my NaNoWriMo 2022 project for the year. I have a bit of work to do on it to get it ready for the month, but I don't think it will be that hard. Perhaps it will end up the first one that's on my FictionPress account after how many years of hiatus? Hehe we will see. 

That's all folks~ I'll see you (hopefully) next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment