Saturday, August 20, 2022

Currently Reading: 14 to 20 August 2022

Currently Reading

- Descendant of the Crane by Joan He (12%)
- Magic Steeped in Poison by Judy I. Lin (47%)
- Magpie Training by Irene Glasse (16%)
- Eight Perfect Murders by Peter Swanson (21%)
- Zachary Ying and the Dragon Emperor by Xiran Jay Zhao (23%)

* * *
Yearly Goal
39/50 (78%)

Page Goal
14,416/25,000 (58%)

* * *

Been thinking about NaNoWriMo again, and if I want to participate in it or not in 2022. At first I was against it. Wanted a year to relax to myself. Then I remembered solidly that what I do at home for fun when I am not reading is write. Why would I stop doing something that brings me joy? Makes no sense. So I've been working on prepping for my project for the year. I think I'm going to go with one that's been sitting on the back burner for a fair while, Proj. Degree. A book that I've been meaning to write for a few years, sort of started, then stopped after I kid you not, 850 words. I need to keep going. I wanna write it out. 

As far as reading goes, between Saturday of last week when I finished The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman, I then started and finished two other books: Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir and Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller. Both for the Orilium readathon. That puts me at just above halfway through my list. 8 out of 15, or 53% of the way through my TBR! I can totally make it by the end of the month. The longest books are already done. The rest are all at or under 400 pages. I think right now, Descendant of the Crane by Joan He is the next longest one I have and it's 401 pages. Go figure, it's actually the third. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater has 408, and The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco has 406. Ah well. 

From what I gather in my notes, Aurin's managed to complete all of his Ordinary levels. He's starting on his Qualified levels with Descendant of the Crane. Irwyn still has one Ordinary left and then he's on to his only two Qualified levels. I'm proud of these boys and how much we've gotten done for them.

Nothing else of much importance happened in the last week that I can think of that would go into my reading blog. If something should come up that I remember, I'll add it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment