Saturday, August 13, 2022

Currently Reading: 31 July to 13 August 2022

Currently Reading

- Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller (01%)
- Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir (01%)
- A Magic Steeped in Poison by Judy I. Lin (47%)
- Eight Perfect Murders by Peter Swanson (21%)
- Magpie Training by Irene Glasse (16%)
- Zachary Ying and the Dragon Emperor by Xiran Jay Zhao (23%)

* * *
Yearly Goal
37/50
-
Page Goal
13,583/25,000
* * *

Forgot to post last week, I spent most of the day out and about or at home reading. So far in August, I've read through SIX books and it's only the end of the second week. I still have two and a half weeks to go. I am thinking I will actually get through the readathon! Five of the six books I read during the last week alone! I finished one book on Sunday, one on Monday, rested Tuesday, one Wednesday, one Thursday, rested Friday, one Saturday. If this keeps up then it will be a rest day on Monday with pick up again Tuesday/Wednesday. 

I'm debating changing one of my books over to the BooksandTea monthly book for August. It definitely fits the prompt for Lore - Qualified, which is a book featuring a betrayal. I have picked The Merciless by Danielle Vega but I also think that A Magic Steeped in Poison by Judy I. Lin would work as well as they are constantly betraying one another in order to win the competition. I don't have all that much left of the book, so if I can finish the readathon in time, I may just tack it on to the end of the month and try for 16 books finished in August. Otherwise it will be the first of September's~

Not much else exciting has happened. I've literally just been reading books all week. Irwyn is close to finishing his and passing the tests for Spellsword. I think I have three left for him: Animal Studies - Qualified, Restoration - Ordinary, and Restoration - Qualified. Aurin still needs: Conjuration - Ordinary, Conjuration - Qualified, Demonology - Ordinary, Lore - Qualified, Lore - Distinguished, and Restoration - Qualified. Nine all together. I can do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment