Saturday, October 1, 2022

Currently Reading: 04 September - 01 October 2022

Currently Reading

The Bookseller by Cynthia Swanson (41%)
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (16%)
Eight Perfect Murders by Peter Swanson (57%)
Zachary Ying and the Dragon Emperor by Xiran Jay Zhao (40%)

* * *
Book Goal
42/50

Page Goal
15,781/25,000

* * *

Apparently no progress was made whatsoever. I never even finished the first post of the month of September and the day I'm writing this is the first of October. An entire month went by without an update from me. I apologize for that. I got distracted with work. It was nothing particularly exciting that distracted me either. Just being at work and planning. 

Now next week there will not be a post update, since I will be on the side of a mountain in Massachusetts learning about astrology over the weekend. I will definitely update from that when I get home, so be prepared!!!

Now, let's get on with the update from apparently the entire month of September. Let's see what all happened in the last month. I decided that I am going to do off-week posting on my two projects that I'm working on (Proj. Degree and Proj. Book) which both are partially finished and I'm using this as some kind of spur to keep me going with writing otherwise I know I would likely forget.  So far I've gotten the prologue (Degree) and first chapter (Book) up and I'm working on the next one. That's exciting. I am currently working through the next part of Proj. Degree to get it up and on the site. 

I have been thinking about my October TBR and it hasn't changed much since September's, as is the way of the TBR pile. I'm going to just jump whatever I'm still working on to this month and then add new ones to replace what I've finished. 

Physical

1. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley 
2. The Bookseller by Cynthia Swanson
3. The Lady of the Lake by Andrzej Sapkowski 

Digital

4. Eight Perfect Murders by Peter Swanson
5. Legends & Lattes by Travis Baldree

Audio

6. Zachary Ying and the Dragon Emperor by Xiran Jay Zhao


I'm not sure yet what I want to add into the two spots that are blank. I'm considering one of two KU titles to fill in the spot in Digital: Legends and Lattes by Travis Baldree (which I found out was popular after picking it up) or Witch 13 by Patrick Delaney. I think we're going with Legends & Lattes. I read the prologue and absolutely get the D&D vibe from it. I think the main character, Viv, is a half-orc? Maybe full-blooded. I don't know quite yet, but there is definitely one on the cover and it intrigues me to see. Now I just have to choose what I'm going to add for physical book. There are a lot of options. Maybe I'll go with My Best Friend's Exorcism by Grady Hendrix? I don't know. I'm wanting to do something more spooky for the season, but I have so many to pick from that I'm just struggling.

I ended up picking nothing from my maybes list, and something from a series I would like to finish. Sounds right. I had entirely forgotten that I wasn't quite done with the Witcher series yet. I have The Lady of the Lake and The Season of Storms and then I'm finished. 

I suppose that will about do it for now. See you in two weeks for an update~

No comments:

Post a Comment